The large floral crown was re-established in 2011 by Friends of the Farm. Located adjacent to the Royal Grove of trees near Ravenwood House, for many years this had been a regular stop for bus tours of Charlottetown. It also served as a colourful backdrop for wedding parties and other photo opportunities. Eventually budget restraints at the Research Station resulted in the removal of the crown.
After an absence of seven years, a number of community-minded companies contributed to building the mound and supplying sod. And for the second year in a row, Vankampen’s Greenhouses of Charlottetown have provided the almost 1600 plants at a favourable price. Planted by Agriculture and Agri Foods Canada staff, the result of the co-operative effort is a beautiful addition to the area.